Thursday, April 18, 2013

Summer Skies-Poem

1 As I lay here I feel so comforted and warm
2 I can still see color when I close my eyes
3 The world is not real, thus can do no harm
4 The bird sings, the wind blows, the flower sighs
5 When I look up, I see just clouds

6 The sun starts to set, and shadows arise
7 We've got time on our side, without a worry or care
8 Everything around us has new perspective, a disguise
9 The sight of this all makes me just stop and stare
10 When I look up, I see just colors

11 The fire in front of us burns brilliantly dull
12 Snuggled up under blankets, all that's out is my toes
13 So hot yet so cold, the long day takes its toll
14 It all allows me to feel content and to doze
15 When I look up, I see just stars

line 4- Personification- The bird sings, the wind blows, the flower sighs
lines 5, 10, and 15- Anaphoria- When I look up...
line 8- Metaphor- A disguise
line 11- Oxymoron- Brilliantly dull
line 13- Antithesis- So hot yet so cold
line 14- Zeugma- Allows me to feel content and to doze
The whole poem includes Imagery- touch and sight

1 comment:

  1. My favorite phrase here is "brilliantly dull." You might think about how you could include more oxymorons or unique images/fugurative language. Also, consider how parallel structure or a similar device at the beginning of each stanza could be used to highlight these different times of day.

    ReplyDelete