Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bored?

I've had my job now for about a year and half, and now that its been that long, I honestly can't remember what I did when I didn't have a job. The other day I heard someone ask "How do people with jobs and sports get things done?" but my question is "What the heck to people without jobs and sports DO all day?!"

Obviously I don't keep up on my blogs much, but besides that I'm usually able to keep my grades up well along with my schedules. But the days I get home from school and I don't have a lot of homework to do and I don't have to go to work, I have no idea what to do with myself. I clean for a while, or I play some music sometimes, but I would go crazy without something hands on to do day after day.

So what do people do? Well you could learn to play an instrument, play video games, actually do your homework diligently and efficiently (ha) or make an elaborate dinner. You could spend all your time on the internet: social networks, Netflix, browsing or watching youtube. You could read a lot, clean a lot, eat a lot, help a lot, rest a lot or support a lot. Depending on how strict your parents are and how much time you do have after school, you could go hang out with friends or family somewhere on weekdays too.

I saw a quote once that said something like "How can you say you're bored? You are the most intelligent living thing on this planet with so much around you to do..." okay that was terrible but it was something like that. All I know is it hit me that with the time we have to do what we want, we could be doing so much instead of sitting around and complaining about how there is nothing to do. As weird as it sounds I get grumpy when I'm bored, not when I'm hungry or tired like most people, so it helped with the hitting me hard. Even so, there is never enough time, so much to learn and see and experience.(366)

No comments:

Post a Comment