Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree

Do you ever have those moments when you stop and think, "Oh my god... I am exactly like my mom/dad" People have these moments all of the time, and when it happens, even if the trait isn't necessarily a bad thing, they usually mentally kick themselves.

There are a lot of reasons this happens: some argue biology, and others argue it is because of our experiences. It could be because it is just in our genes to do this certain thing; it has been passed down from a parent. Others say it is because you have grown up seeing it be done, and you've subconsciously learned to do it as well.

It is kind of funny the different things people will do that is exactly like their parents. Someone might declare silly sayings like "crimenitely" or "geeze louise!" when something surprising happens. Others always say "mmbye" when they are about to hang up the phone. I know one person who makes a certain face every time they are frustrated, just like their dad; the furrow of the eyebrows, the pursing of the lips, and small wrinkling of the nose all the same. I myself have a bad habit of repeating the same story to the same person over and over again just like my mother. I am always thinking whilst telling the story, "I feel like I've told this before, I hope I haven't told this before" yet still keep going, until my listener smirks and says, "Katy, that is the third time I have heard that story." ... Oops..

It is something that happens that most people dislike, and wish that didn't happen. No matter how hard you try though, it happens, and when it does you realize right away what you've done and hear someone point it out to you, just as you have pointed it out to your parent many times before.

The things people do that they know is like their parent they may hate now, but when they're older I'd imagine they like it. That it's almost like a part of their parent is still with them when they have gone away. (357)

No comments:

Post a Comment