Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oh, The Old Days

Recently when I was cleaning my room out, I found my old CD holder. Inside I found treasure; Backstreet Boys, Bewitched soundtrack, a few Totally Hits, The Freaky Friday soundtrack, Disney's Greatest, Destiny's Child, NSYNC, and Now 1 all the way to Now 15. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I realized there was no longer a single CD player in my house. When I was younger, there was at least five.

It's weird to think about how much has changed. When I was younger I could sing along to almost every Black Eyed Peas song, and the most popular song Rihanna had was Pon De Replay. Boy Meets World, Hey Arnold, Pokemon, Full House and the Suite Life of Zach and Cody were what everyone watched. People got into fights about their Ferbies and their Tomagatchis, and everyone was jealous of the kid that had a million mini CD keychain things to put into that little fake CD player... anyone know what I'm talking about?

The other day my friend wore a green striped shirt and was told she looks like Steve. It took me a minute to realize they were talking about the guy from Blues Clues before (who is it? Joe?) another guy took over because Steve "went back to college" Everything is different now. Zach and Cody are on a boat, everyone knows Hannah is Miley, and Cookie Monster eats vegetables now.

Feeling nostalgic makes you just want to get a bunch of friends together, eat the snacks you used to, put some movies in the VCR, and spend the day feeling like a kid again. Sitting here, writing this blog, listening to the Fergie Station on Pandora... I miss the old days. When you think 5 years ago it doesn't sound like much, but when you think 2008 it sounds like forever. Now it's time for the future though, so make it good! (338)

No comments:

Post a Comment