Thursday, January 17, 2013

Oppurtunities are Good: Take Them!!

One of my favorite quotes is by Dr. Suess, and it says, "Do what you want and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind." This quote can apply to a lot of things, one of those being that you shouldn't worry about what others think about your hobbies or what you like to do, or not being good enough; if you enjoy it, do it!!

Today I was talking to a friend who graduated high school in 2011. He made a joke about me being involved in a club, but after he was done laughing he got serious and said, "But it's good you're doing that. I didn't do anything in high school, and I wish I would have." I hear this all the time: I should have done this. I wanted to do that. And it all comes down to one thing: being too scared. You didn't try out for that play because you were scared you wouldn't make it. You didn't go out for a sport because you don't really like the other players, or maybe the coach. You didn't take a certain class because you were scared of what your peers would say. Make fun of me if you must, but I think High School Musical had it wrong when Sharpay sang, "Stick with the status quo!" Don't do it. Really.. just do what you want to do. Make that creme brulee if your heart desires, I don't care if you're a "dumb" basketball player.

A lot of people have decided not to do something because of one fear or another. Don't wait until its too late, and even if you don't do what you've wanted to until your in junior or senior year... well its better late than never!! Muster up all the courage you have, realize how much you want to do this certain thing, channel your passion and reach for the stars! It's an amazing feeling when you show someone what you can do and they are astonished, not knowing something about you. Now that I have used at least five cliches in this post people are going to think I'm a lunatic, but cliches are there for a reason! So Just Do It!!!(378)

No comments:

Post a Comment