Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lazy Days

Everyone has those days that all day they think "I have this to do" and "Oh, I'll start that soon." What ends up actually happening though, is that they get to about 7:00 and realize that they have not done anything productive, in fact, they may have even backtracked on their progress. Today has definitely been one of those days for me.
    Today was the first Sunday in a long time that I had no obligations; I didn't have to work, I didn't have to babysit or go anywhere at all. I woke up and thought wow, today I will get things done I haven't had time to do like finish blogging, clean my room, fold my laundry, and thoroughly do all of my homework. To be completely honest, I then convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to concentrate until I ate anyway, so might as well sit and do nothing until lunch. Lunch came around and I ate a little bit of mashed potatoes because I realized I wasn't even hungry in the first place. But after I ate I still was not motivated. So I took a shower... a thirty minute shower. After I was done I figured I should start my homework but after finishing the four questions I had left on my U.S. History study guide, I layed on my bed for about ten minutes thinking "I should get the other homework out of my backpack now" until that thought turned into "I should clean first, my room's a mess" until that thought turned into "I'm thirsty. I need water." After that my thoughts included about everything except for what I should have been thinking about.
    These kind of days some people just love; you haven't worried about anything and you got to spend the day lazing away and feeling comfy. Others hate these kind of days because after you realize you didn't finish what you should have, you regret it because after doing nothing all day you either feel really groggy and want to just sleep, or really hyper and  need to actually get up and do something active, something active that doesn't include your work. I personally sort of regret not doing anything because now I'm going to have to make up for it. I cant lie though; it did feel a little good to just lay on my bed feeling incredibly warm considering the current weather because of the warmth of the sun streaming in. It was ridiculously calming.
    Although it felt really good to sit and do nothing for a little while, it only caused more stress because now I'll need to make it all up inconveniently. These days are sometimes needed because some people need to take a break sometimes, but it also can feel like the day just went by wasted without getting anything real done.
(485)

No comments:

Post a Comment